Just because colder weather is here doesn’t mean you have to put off selling your home. Generally homes take a bit longer to sell during winter months, but it is still definitely a seller’s market here in the Upstate and properties are moving fast. Yes, you don’t have the luxury of filling your yard and porches with summer flowers and décor, but there are numerous winter curb appeal tips that are both simple and affordable.
- Got trees? This time of year you’ve also got leaves. Now instead of having to mow the grass every week keep the yard looking pristine by removing all those leaves, twigs, acorns and other loose debris.
- Winter daylight saving time often translates into home showings occurring after the sun goes down. Make your home cozy and inviting by ramping up your exterior lighting during the colder months. Check to make sure there are no burned out bulbs, and if feasible, increase the bulb wattage. In areas that could use some extra illumination consider solar garden lights as a quick and easy fix. Don’t forget to also check back porch lights, security lighting, deck and pool lights and any outbuildings that may wired.
- Make the most of seasonal flowers. Colorful pansies create a welcoming walkway border and will also spruce up a drab porch or deck when planted in decorative pots. Replace those begonias and Gerber daisies with flowering calendulas, snapdragons and cyclamens to add a touch of color.
- Remember impressive curb appeal begins the minute your home comes into view. Take time to spruce up the mailbox by giving it a fresh coat of paint, new address numbers and depending on space, perhaps even plant some ornamental kale or baby cabbages around the post base.
- Top off mulched flower beds with a cover of pinecones. This adds another layer of protection against the cold as well as introducing a textural content to your landscaping. Plus the acidity is great for hydrangeas and blueberries.
Getting ready to sell your home? One call is all it takes to easily and quickly check off home inspection, radon testing, interior air quality and much more on your “selling to-do list” by connecting with Carolina RES today at 864-242-1099.